Sunday, March 10, 2013

FOUR DAYS OF GLINES DAY THREE!!

Woot woot!
We're at DAY THREE!
How's everybody doing? Hanging in there throughout all of my craziness???
hehe
Today is the review of The Vincent Boys!
(mmm.... boys ;)

There was something wicked about Beau that drew me to him. What was wrong with me? Why did I want to sin so badly? Ashton is getting tired of being good, of impressing her parents and playing ideal girlfriend to Sawyer Vincent. Sawyer is perfect, a regular Prince Charming, but when he leaves town for the summer, it’s his cousin Beau who catches Ashton’s eye. Beau is the sexiest guy she’s ever seen, and even though he’s dangerous, Ashton is drawn to him. Beau loves his cousin like a brother, so the last thing he wants to do is make a move on Sawyer’s girl. Ashton is off-limits, absolutely. That’s why he does his best to keep his distance, even though he’s been in love with her forever. When Ashton wants to rekindle their childhood friendship in Sawyer’s absence, Beau knows he should say no. Ashton and Beau don’t want to hurt Sawyer. But the more they try to stay away from each other, the more intense their urges become. It’s getting way too hard to resist...




Okay, so let me start out with this.
I seriously wanted to take Ashton by the neck and wring her until she squawked like a chicken!!!
Never in my LIFE have I wanted to kill a character before!
And why?
It wasn't because she was a bad character (because she's not). It wasn't because she was poorly written or extremely foolish or annoying (because she's not). But rather its because I fell in love with Beau and Sawyer, and what she put them through (and what they put each other through) makes me semi-homicidal.
Now that I've gotten that out of the way (Yay aggression) I have to say that I loved this story.
It didn't make me weepy eyed, didn't make my breath shudder, but it DID keep a constant warm fuzzy glow ball in my chest, right above where my soul should be.... if I had one *evil laugh* ;)
The only thing I found rather annoying is the 'love' *cough* sex *cough* scenes.
Why? It's simple really.
Right when they were getting to the good bits, I felt like Abbi slapped my hand and turned me away from the window BEFORE anything actually started getting hot and heavy.
I know, I'm a perv, but STILL! I love me some good bits ;)
So the entire time I was reading and was about to be thrown into the good bits, I felt like Abbi was a nun smacking me with a ruler then BAM! Change scene!
Grrr... I'm really going to have to buy Abbi a habit if she keeps that up ;)
But I can honestly say that I want a Beau (sorry Jeremy)!
He's the epitome of the completely hot, epically reformed bad boy who's just misunderstood and needs a good woman to straighten him out. Or, in this case, the woman he's always loved to straighten him out. *sighs*
Now, While Sawyer was equally as hot in a good boy, all American way, I found myself rather irritated by him because of the hints of a**holery that was shown in his character throughout the book. I wanted to shake him too! (sometimes, other times my reaction was more of a DOWN BOY! ;)
So if you want some warm fluffiness with a quaint love story without the heavy good bits *wiggles eyebrows* then this book is for you! (what are you waiting for? Go get it!)
Here's another chance at the epically awesome GIVEAWAY!
Don't forget to enter! Keep it Wicked my people, and Happy Reading!

QUESTION OF THE DAY:
Which do you prefer? The boy next door or the bad boy?

To purchase your copy of Vincent Boys for Kindle click HERE for Nook click HERE

6 comments:

  1. Of course the bad boys and any type of love stories is fine with me

    ReplyDelete
  2. BAD BOY (with a little boy next door in him too)!!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. one that has a happily ever after!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the boy next door, who really has a little bit of bad lurking under the surface :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A good happily ever after is always comforting, but I love when there's a whole lot of drama and obstacles that need to be overcome first. Also, a juicy love triangle is a good addition. One that includes a mysterious, bad boy ;p

    ReplyDelete